Saturday 28 March 2015

Grandparents Day



Week 8 and highlights from our Grandparents day.








The photos you have been waiting for!



All our wonderful grandparents.....






Grandparents day

What a wonderful day Friday was, seeing all the grandparents there and how the classes responded to their special audience. It's been a funny yet frenetic week with the class learning an entire new dance in a week and I couldn't have been prouder of the whole class.
A huge thanks to all the parents who have helped especially Kerri and Kirstin for supervising the pikelet making and of course Whaea Jenny. She is an absolute gem and has worked so hard helping us in the class and preparation for the move to room 9. I am enclosing the photos taken on the afternoon. They speak for themselves and are a wonderful momento of the day! Enjoy.......
Just before we went down to the hall. Captain McLaughlin and the amazing Pirate crew!





I thoroughly enjoyed myself too which is an added bonus of my job, plus I  even got a chance to be surrogate Grandma for the day for the children whose grandparents couldn't come on the day!

I admit I'm  looking forward to the Easter break as I 'm sure the children are. They are very tired after such a full on and hot summer term, but they  have handled all the changes this term so well and really gelled as a class now. So I'm looking forward to seeing you all day 1 next term in ROOM 9. My best wishes for a safe and peaceful time with family and friends over the break.

Nadine McLaughlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment